'Eat Seasonably' is a fun educational resource on seasonality and locality, illustrated by Pauline Lévêque. Developed in collaboration with local chefs and farmers, this seasonal guide helps you find out what’s available throughout the year in New York or one of its surrounding states*.
Now more than ever it's important to eat in season and to support local agriculture because it tastes better, has a higher nutritional value, is environmentally friendly, and supports the community. Farmer's markets are a great way to get very fresh, flavorful and nutritious produce that have not traveled all over the country (if not the world) before getting into your shopping basket! Farmer's markets stimulate the local food economy.
BUY A GUIDE & GET MUCH MORE!
Through your purchase, you are:
- Enabling the donation of another guide to a local school or community center: BUY ONE = DONATE ONE
- Offering their students the opportunity to learn about nutrition and to make healthy food decisions through the C4I Early childhood curriculum.
- Contributing to putting these children on the path to a healthy future.
- Printed locally in New York City on a 100% recycled paper.
- Dimensions: L12" x W9"
Your contribution makes it possible for us to educate and inspire people across the planet through our programs, media, and advocacy. All proceeds will benefit the non-profit organization and its ongoing initiatives and programs— from teaching New York’s youth to supporting local farmers. Your support helps us further our mission by empowering people to make sustainable food decisions and by connecting communities.
* The harvesting periods are approximate due to varying weather conditions. Some produce is available from cold storage and/or grown indoors or in greenhouses during colder seasons. Call your local farmers for exact dates, harvest, and availability.